PRECINCT ELECTION OFFICIAL INFORMATION
- You must be at least 17 years of age and a registered voter.
- You must be registered to vote in the county you plan to work as a precinct election official.
- You have not been convicted of a felony (unless the conviction has been reversed, expunged or pardoned).
- You will need to have transportation to and from the polls.
- You cannot be running as a candidate for the election in which you are working.
- You will need to attend a training session.
- You will need to work from about 5:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Voting Location Manager (1) for each precinct, must pickup supplies at the Board of Election and return election materials at the end of the closing of polls on election day.
Why are you needed ?
Without Voting Location Managers and Precinct Election Officials the election cannot be held.
Voting Location Manager and Precinct Election Officials help to make sure that an election is fair and impartial according to election laws of the State of Ohio.
The Board hires dedicated, community-minded individuals to staff and operate the Polling locations in Harrison County on Election Day.If you are interested in becoming a precinct elections official, contact the Board of Elections.